Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beware the Ides of Mars



Ok so I'm still working on my DJ skills and I'll be the First To Admit that my mixes aren't perfect. But I have come to one conclusion and I think Mateusz can back me up on this: just like you play pool much better three or four pints in, DJing comes easier under the influence. This is just a mix I made for the Ides of March, a collection of old and new stuff starting off with a band that needs no introduction, Röyksopp. Their new songs are all over the blogospheres (is that how you say it?), except for "It's What I Want"--a song which works above all because, as opposed to those tracks which feature guest singers, the vocals play an equally integral part as the beat and melody, almost to the point where you can't really understand what they're saying, like the way that a Hendrix riff starts to sound like a sentence after a few listens. Listening to this and "Happy Up Here," it seems The Norwegian duo have developed a new, more darkdancehouse sound since Melody AM... So enjoy that and the rest. Here's the link and tracklist.

nabocough's 09 beware the ides of marsmix

Röyksopp - It's What I Want
Miami Horror - Summerfest '86
Justice - New Jack
Maroon 5 - This Love (Cut Copy Galactic Beach House mix)
LCD Soundsystem - Too Much Love
CSS - Move Me (Cut Copy remix)
Sébastien Tellier - Kilometre (A-Trak remix)
Sneaky Soundsystem - I Love It (Fred Falke remix)
Britney Spears - Circus (Linus Loves remix)
Caroline Loeb - Narcissique
Pet Shop Boys - Love Etc (Gui Borrato remix)
Justice - Stress (Auto remix)

1 comment:

Grant Watts said...

Veery thoughtful blog