Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friday the 13th

What God Looks Like As a DJ

Ever since Upper Cuts came out, I've been simply enchanted by the songs of Alan Braxe and have desperately wished to hear them in a dance venue. Granted, I don't go out all that much, but as much as I have kept on this iconic electronic musician, I have never heard him being played for the dance floor freaks in the United States. I died when I heard Rubicon, was reborn when I heard his Bossy remix, and reborn two times over when I heard his obscure side group project Defender's two songs; I heard all this in the own comforts of my home. But all that is about to change: what better way to hear the golden hits of Alan Braxe than by going to see him DJ? That's right, the unspeakable has happened. I didn't think this guy even toured outside of France, let alone in my own hometown. Alan Braxe will be DJing Friday the 13th at the Mezzanine in San Francisco alongside the equally wonderful Lifelike. Advance tickets are only 10 dollars. I probably would have paid 30 to see him--the music just sounds better with Alan Braxe.

Defender - Bliss

Kelis - Bossy (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke remix)

Lifelike - So Electric

Incidentally, Tom's of Maine now makes long-lasting deodorant, as opposed to their previous two-second lasting deodorant. Better get some before tomorrow.

No comments: