Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No Hit Wonder



"In 1970, Doc Ellis pitched a rare no-hitter, guaranteeing his place in baseball's hall of fame. But what the fans weren't aware of that day, was that Doc Ellis was using LSD when he pitched his perfect game." Source
____________________________________________________________________

"I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria.

I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times.

The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me."

The Pirates won the game, 2-0, although Ellis walked eight batters. It was the highpoint in the baseball career of one of the finer pitchers of his time, and arguably, one of the greatest achievements in the history of sports." Source


M.I.A. - Paper Planes - DFA Remix

Hercules & Love Affair - Blind

No comments: