Wednesday, November 28, 2007

D-D-Duke Dumont



Duke Dumont did it to me. He remixed Debbie Debb's "When I hear music" before I did. From a very early point, I've always wanted to remix this song, before anyone caught on, but Duke Dumont already killed it. It's not very likely that I would have ever remixed that song, either. Geographic location? This guy is from London, and has gained many voices of respect from various respectable voices, notabaly Tiga. Indeed, he's signed under Turbo Recordings and will drop his first E.P. in June of 2008. You can find a medley/preview of the EP at his myspace. Check out his remix of the super classic Debbie Debbie joint, "When I Hear Music."

Duke Dumont - When I Hear Music

Secondly, reap the benefits of his crazy remix of Missy Elliot's - We Run This. This one is a killer. I first heard it on Casper C’s Party Up! (Length of a Neu Rave) Mix more than a year ago, and I'm still very keen on it, especially the lead synth that kicks in at 1:44. J'm bien ça.

Missy Elliott - We Run This (Duke Dumont Remix) - Missy Elliott

And lastly, I've included a classic. Here, I mean classic as representative of its class. It's true -- before Lil' Jon, before Lil Scrappy, or Ludacris , there was Three Six Mafia. It is quintessential South. Get your Robitussin and pills out; it's that time.

Three Six Mafia - Sippin' on Some Syrup

No comments: