Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hot Hot Feet



Currently I'm unemployed and homeless. My days see a lot of cafe-inhabiting using wifi and intense mp3-browsing so that I can prepare for my DJ session for Halloween. Here are some gems I've come across so far that I'll be playing next Friday. First this Ladytron remix by Stray Dogs in Paris. Makes good use of piano without sounding too cocktail-partyish. We'll see if this one can keep the feets shuffling. It's good that's for sure, but it might be too slow. Let me know what you think.

Ladytron - Runaway (Stray Dogs in Paris remix)


Then there's this Tepr mix that I guess slipped through the cracks, mine at least. Somehow Tepr turns a Top 40s favorite into a electro slash Franz Ferdinand-sounding hit. This one has a good sample of everything.

Kid Sister - Pro Nails (ft. Kanye West) (Tepr remix)


And of course I'll play all the familiar favorites, including this one, MSTRKRFT's lovely remix of Metric's Monster Hospital.

Metric - Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT remix)

No comments: