Thursday, December 18, 2008

These Boots Are Made For



Beats me who reads this who actually lives in San Francisco, but if you do you're as cold as I am and you need a little whiskey and dance music to warm you up. Well if you're free tomorrow night and you can get there, head to the Attic on 24th and Mission for DJ sets by yours truly and the other lovely faces above. I'll be going on at around 1 am.

You can certainly expect the one that's been stuck on repeat at least for me, one of the gems of this year, also known as Little Boots. On her "Stuck On Repeat," Little Boots takes a page from Róisin Murphy and our Swedish favorites that have fallen into darkness lately, The Knife; like them she's not afraid to combine organic, seasonal sleigh-bells with an electronic, haunting melody. Then her voice comes in, almost reassuringly. The song has a kind of chill to it that I imagine will be at the top of many wish-lists this year.

Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat (alt)

No comments: